View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
gianthobbit
Halfway to VIP Status

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

hmm having some trouble disabling the htc messenger still. When I go to the SMS tab and click the message it opens the HTC Messenger and then immediately closes and put me back on the sms tab in manillia. Followed those 4 manual steps (added what I did below each step:

Manual Steps

Step 1.
Disable HTC messaging service by either removing the registry or rename the DLL in HKLM\services\MSG. e.g. I rename "MessagingService.dll" to "MessagingService.dllx" This will enable Winmo to take over the entire messaging send/receive function, without this, you can only receive text messages but not able to use winmo app to send terxt message (Although you can still send using the slow HTC messaging app, but it'll create some inconsistency).

*Found this key and deleted it.
Step 2.
Change the default text messaging app from HTC messaging to Winmo's Pocket outlook (tmail.exe) by removing the registry or renaming the account in HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts. In my case, I rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"

* I didnt see a key in this folder called sms so I figured he meant the folder, which I deleted.
Step 3.
Install the attached cab file to fix the missing unread count status (read below for more information)

*Installed latest cab
Step 4Soft reset your phone, and you are set to go!

*Done

What did I do wrong? Thanks for the help!