lexluthor
Regular 'Geeker

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini 5 Beta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Are you guys unable to enter any URL with any soft keyboard? For me, Opera Mini closes when I click inside the URL box.

The Google search field is ok, but not the URL field.

Arghh, this is so frustrating!
I've had that happen a couple of times, but not enough to make it a complete dealbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
I am using it now with the Opera keyboard, but whenever I need to use my regular keyboard I just press and hold on the text field till I get "Fullscreen Edit", and I select it. Then when I am done entering text I don't get lockups with the soft keys at the bottom anymore. This is actually a better option than presetting Fullscreen Editing in the Settings menu because it gives you the option to cut and paste easily when you have the Opera keyboard (and the bug no longer happens in fullscreen editing either).
That's great, except, for me, right now, the main reason I want to use fullscreen edit is so that JZSmartmort can paste in URLs much faster. With the opera editor, every time a number comes up, the script has to cycle through all of the symbols to get a number to come up and that's very slow compared to it just pasting the whole url right into fullscreen edit mode.