View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:25 AM
t0mmyr
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Red face Tips for creating .XML files to provision special settings during customization

So I've never really understood what it was to provision my email accounts or owner information or how to properly make an xml file and let my rom's customizations utility do it automatically for me, so with the wise help of Psyki today, he helped me figure it out and I thought I would share how simple it is to backup a lot of info that isn't quite so easily backup-able just by pulling the registry keys and reimporting them later...

I'm running Juicy rom which features xda_uc so in order for me to provision my email accounts all i have to do is copy the file this tool generates into my xda_uc folder and hit customize after a future flash. But sdconfig supports xml files as well and so does pretty much everything else like sashimi.

So here's my simple little guide:

Step 1: Download the attached zip file and unzip to a folder on your windows PC

Step 2: Make sure your phone is connected to your PC and currently activesync'ed together

Step 3: Open the folder you just unzipped and choose another folder which you want to backup, lets use owner info for now as an example

Step 4: Double click RunConfig.bat and press any key in the dos box to finish

Step 5: Browse the folder which you just ran the .bat from, owner info in this example and find the new file RapiConfigOut.xml which was just created

Step 6: Rename RapiConfigOut.xml to something that describes what it is such as tommys-owner-info.xml

Step 7: Move the new file (tommys-owner-info.xml) onto your sd card into the right folder such as /storage card/xda_uc for example or wherever it belongs depending on what kind of customization the rom you will be flashing uses.

Step 8: Browse the other folders and do the same if you intend on backing up and restoring those easily later

Step 9: Flash away! and hit thanks if this helped you
Attached Files
File Type: zip xml-provision-maker.zip (183.4 KB, 188 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by t0mmyr; 12-06-2009 at 06:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 21 times.