View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
htc.user
Lurker

htc.user is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

higher pixel density, ability to download and save files directly from the web, direct access to the file system both from the phone and computer.

that said, i like my ipod touch for some things, like google reader on safari. the webkit browser works perfectly with it because that's the type of device/browser it was designed for. i can use iris or dorothy to view the same page with similar results, but that's not what i use my phone for. i think of my small apple products as bathroom appliances; the ipod classic i use in the shower speaker setup, and the ipod touch i use to read google reader while on the toilet in the morning feeling groggy...it takes very little precision, and with rubber incase and screen shield and zero moving parts (save the buttons), it's just convenient and worry-free.

also, gsm chirping into speakers during incoming radio signals is an annoyance that i'd rather not have, but being able to swap my phones is a nice thing about gsm and sim cards.

personally, i admire any expression of technology, and like it or not apple, google, microsoft, htc are all expressing their ideas and products. preferring one to another is fine, but the ability to use anything and make it work for you is one of the benefits of being human.