View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 09:04 PM
SyXbiT
PPCGeeks Regular

SyXbiT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what the heck is opera waiting for. when is Opera Mobile 9 coming out?

First, Opera mobile 8.65 is TERRIBLE (by 2008 standards). it was good several years ago, but hasn't improved much in a long time.
What even more annoying is that they keep bragging about it being the best windows mobile web browser. Convenient to not compare with safari.
What disappointing is that even opera mini is better, and yet works on any old phone. It's faster, more stable, uses less memory, has zoom capabilities, compresses data etc..

The worst news is that Android (which will probably be amazing) also is going to use Safari (well, it'll use their own browser, but it's based on the same rendering engine as safari, the open source WEBKIT), so basically, either opera gets its act together, or screw them.

I'm pretty much already decided on jumping ship the second a phone comes out with android, but a decent web browser would help the time go by that much quicker.

Isn't it ridiculous that my Mogul is no better at browsing the web than my old Samsung A900. Same res. screen, and mini is better than mobile.
If i load up 2 tabs in opera mobile (with any sort of pictures), it uses ALL my moguls memory, and runs to a crawl

what are your thoughts?