View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 PM
strra
the World Watcher

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
damn, so i need to find a different location each time i want to unlock my phone. WEAKSAUCE. they are juicing the hell out of people.

I hope someone can figure out exactly what they are using to monitor the unlock... computer, MAC address, ip?
someone mentioned earlier in the thread that simply using a different location won't do the trick because it logs information about you. that's why i said that it may work in a new location if the phone is unactivated with your carrier, therefore isn't associated with an account or phone number yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
almost sounds like they ID your computer... when I get a replacement I will report back on that theory. I reinstall windows all the time so who knows i might be able to unlock again?
that can't be it because people have tried to unlock from a different location altogether (different ip, different computer, etc) without luck. so it's more likely the log your phone number, imei, ip address, etc and if any red flags come up in the verification process, you're denied

Last edited by strra; 12-04-2009 at 04:21 PM.