View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
c0011j
PPCGeeks Regular

c0011j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
I would much rather use a stock rom than have vital information obtained from my device...below is a ticket i opened with the support team on this issue

Ever since i got my replacement phone and needed it unlocked your entire process left an unsettled feeling in my stomach and it's just come to a boil and i must question the manner in which you're providing the service versus the information collected when "activating" the unlocker. My first unlock came from my previous address while another phone was tethered to the sprint network thus showing my ip as being that. After i moved into my new home i needed to get a replacement for my touch pro 2 and get that unlocked. I attempted to use the same unlocker i had downloaded previously on my roadrunner internet connection only for it to recognize that i had already unlocked a device. How could the information possibly be known if all your unlocker obtains is the first 15 digits of the imei? The IP address were obviously different. the subnet mask is different too. along with the gateway address. I really need to know what information is really being obtained upon activation as i feel this is a major security breech. Please understand i am not the only one with concerns on this matter.

will report back when they respond.

You didn't really send that did you? If people are concerned don't use it. Then there is nothing to be concerned with.

And I don't think it is the IMEID that they track because each phones has it's own. So if he got a replacement phone that would be different.. unless I am mistaken.