View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 AM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TV Out Registry Hack

Well, doing the wire clip cost me this much: $0.00....zip, nadda, zilch!
Most of us have the original audio output dongle that comes with the Touch Pro (the one that lets you plug in regular 3.5mm headphones). This mod is a simple way to enable video out with the free dongle you already have.
Its crazy simple to do. Crack open the case, and use some scissors to cut the blue wire. Snap it back together with a drop or two of super glue and DONE!

No registry hacks required on the TP2. As soon as I plugged in my 3.5 video cable, the TP2 went into TV out mode and I was watching you tube vids and everything else on my TV.

Oh, and I dont have the first bit of audio noise or feedback on mine. Sure, its only 480p (maybe 480i not really sure), but it is stereo output. If your getting some audio feedback or noise, you may want to send your cable back, as it maybe defective. The audio on my adapter after doing this mod was crystal clear.

PLUS, you get the benefit of being able to plug in your charger in the jack also, so you can charge/power your TP2 while you are using the TV out. You cant beat that kind of functionality for nothing more than the cost of 5 minutes of your time.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓