View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrion View Post
Hello.

I'm having an issue with both Standard versions of 21877 with device encryption (forced by company policy). To clarify, SD card encryption is not enabled, only the device itself. The filesystem on the phone becomes corrupt, preventing a proper shutdown (the slide2shutdown app breaks) as well as completely preventing a restart without reflashing. The flash corruption is visible from total commander or file explorer... the \ directory, and everything under it with the notable exception of "Storage Card" and it's subs, is complete unintelligible garbage that the system cannot recognize.

After 5 separate flash attempts each ending the same way, this is the chain of events:
1) Flash phone (from SD)
2) Phone completes post install.
3) Phone works.
4) Install corporate cert.
5) Sync phone to E2k7 server OTA.
6) ActiveSync policy enforces phone.
7) Password updated.
Initial synchronization completes.
9) Phone still works.
10) Soft-reset phone.
11) Device encryption state updates (integrated storage flash is encrypted).
12) Device finishes booting, everything works.
13) Do a few more reboots, everything works.
14) Don't touch the phone for few hours (2-4 hours).
15) Return to a broken phone that can send and receive calls but cannot access contacts so the phone can't match the numbers up to existing contacts, all mail / text / sync functionality is broken. Filesystem is visibly fraked when inspected from the filesystem browser.
16) Attempt to soft-reset, softreset app fails to launch with error.
17) Remove battery.
1 Insert battery and turn phone on.
19) Phone hangs at bootloader indefinitely.
20) Goto 1.

I've never had a problem with anything like this with custom ROMs before. I tried EnergyROM after Juicy abandoned us Touch Pro peoples. From what I've seen of EnergyROM, it's outstanding and significantly better than Juicy... with the exception of the whole filesystem corruption after a couple of hours problem I'm having. I flashed back to Juicy 8 090723H which I'd been using for several months without significant issue... I know where the minor bugs are by now and how to deal with them. I'd really like to move to EnergyROM though if someone can help me work this corruption problem out.

Thanks!
You might try flashing to a stock rom, hard reset, flash back to NRG ROM, hard reset...see if that helps any. This *could* be a bad flash...or it is, as you said, the device encryption that's screwing things up.