View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:37 PM
GRTK_Brandon
N00b

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Home++ FTW

I've been using this Home app for the past few days. I purchased and used GDE for about a week, but the app is too unstable for the Droid. Constant force closes. I have yet to run into any problems with Home++. I sit at a steady 81m ram while this is running with a handful of widgets.

It hides the notification bar at the top and gives you a sliding panel of icons at the very bottom of your screen. The icons themselves give the phone a nice look and are relatively small. When the icons are scrolled to the left you have Phone, Search, Menu, Favorites (browser faves), the app's own task manager, and your notifications. When you slide it to the right you get wi-fi, volume, battery, and signal along with the time and date. If you long press your notification button at the bottom it brings your notification bar at the top, and hides it again when you long press it from here.

This Home app also offers support for potential animated widgets. It comes with an analog clock, a flipping digital clock, and a flipping date widget. The flipping widgets are definitely inspired from HTC Sense's clock widget, but are more basic, smaller and have minor aesthetic changes. Weather is not included in the clock widget either.

The Home has 4 screens as mentioned previously in the thread, however you'll need to reconfigure your wallpapers to accommodate the 4th screen. The wallpapers I have to fit the Droid's default Home background resolution is not wide enough. I can see where each of the picture's sides meet in the middle of the 4th screen.