View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 GPS polling tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Dude.... you still dont get it.
I have said this time and time again.... none of my GPS apps use the virtual com port...You fix did not work for me at all. GPSGate is not needed.

I can with most certainty confirm I am using the the WinMo gps API, and not its virtual com driver. When my polling settings were default, I had lag. With them set at the higher values, I dont have lag (as bad). My cab worked great for me.
I tried setting it to 10 secs (10000) and it had absolutely no effect on iGuidance or Google Maps (which uses WinMo GPA API).

I stand corrected. It seems to effect absolutely nothing. I have it set to 10 seconds and both Virtual COM port and WM GPS API behave exactly the same. I thought when I saw iGuidance updating faster than 1 second it was due to pollinterval. But I set it to 10 seconds and it behaves the same.

If you think a parameter does something. Then proove it by setting it to extremes and noting the behavior change.

If setting it smaller goes faster set it big (really big) and see if it goes slower. It doesn't.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-01-2009 at 05:58 PM.