View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I don't think ROMs can cause bad signal. Atleast not from what I've read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i notice this too, was browsing the web yesterday while driving and pretty slow to load pages, noticed it was stuck in 1x where i would normally be ev, wouldnt go away even after phone calls so i reset and it went back to ev, sprint too btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
the ROM has no affect on your reception what so ever. the radio is not touched when you flashed this rom or energy.
thanks for the replies. i know ROMs don't touch radios, but they do alter many things that may introduce strange problems thats why i was asking. it's not that i'm in a bad reception area. this is in a big city at my home where i always have EVDO. I always have full bars here. Even on the rare occasions that i did go into 1x in the past, it would soon snap out of it if i moved to a different room for a sec. I've been on 1x more in the past 24hrs than i have since Rev A was rolled out. Not sure what's going on as i didn't think ROMs touched this either, but it's an eerie coincidence. I am hoping it is just a temporary network thing with sprint because i am really enjoying not having to soft reset due to memory like i had to do on energy. Just wanted to check in with you guys who have been running this for a while to see if it's been an issue with others.

Does selecting the sprint provisioning thing cause any issues? On energy i alwawys chose to skip it and was fine.