View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:06 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how often does 6.5 TF weather update??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
I'll probably stay on 2.1 roms until the 2.5's work perfectly.
I certainly understand that, I waited a while to try 2.5 myself.

At this point, Juicy's ROM works perfectly for with with a TON of apps & programs installed (except for manila landscape & I could care less about that)

As far as the weather, it is REALLY convenient for me to be able to glance at my home screen & know the outside temp. I work inside a building where I have no clue what's going on outside from my desk, but then I have to make numerous trips outside during the day. & knowing the temp outside is real nice.

When I flashed to a ROM with home screen weather displayed I figured I was all set. That was before I realized it took 3 hours to update. There where times where the temp had gone up 20 degrees or more after I got to work & my home screen had not changed. That made the feature totally worthless. If I had to manually update it every single time, it was no different than using the stock ROM.

Now, with Juicy's ROM set to update every 15 minutes it is ALWAYS right without doing anything. I figured this might kill the battery too fast, but I can still get through a full work day + easily on one battery (I have two spare batteries & have never used them once) so I don't even worry about it.

~John