View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Arterion
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I think if it's out-of-stock it can be absent from the list, but I'm not sure. The past week, there have been a lot of posts from people who've gotten the TP2, but no one has been able to confirm the status of the original memo. Our ability to get a TP2 hinges on a two angles:

1a) That the Oct 6 memo is still in effect: TP's should be exchanged from a phone on the WEL list on their FIRST replacement, instead of waiting until three replacements have been made.

1b) That the TP2 is still on the WEL list.

2) That a manger of either a store or at the call center takes pity and makes an exception to normal procedure, and issues a TP2 as a courtesy.

I confirmed 1a last week (11/23) when I did an Advanced Exchange via tech support for another TP. I was offered the standard options (Pre, Snap, etc.), but specifically NOT the TP2. The tech did mention something about how he thought the TP2 belonged on the list, and even put me on hold to double check that. I didn't even mention the TP2, he did. But he came back and said it wasn't on there. This may mean it was removed, or it could mean it's just out-of-stock?

However, yesterday (11/30), I ended up on the line with tech support again and was told that NO other phones were available... but again, I think it's because that's the NORMAL policy. The TP is, by the Oct 6 memo, an exception to normal policy, and not everyone who works for Sprint is aware of that at this point. The tech from last week initially told me that I could ONLY swap for another TP until he actually started the process on his computer, and the other options came up. He said he had never seen that before -- which totally confirm the "unaware" hypothesis of why some people may be getting told that they can only swap for another TP.

EVEN IF the TP2 is off the WEL, as long as they were trying to get you out of the TP, I'd go for the second angle, because we all know none of the other phones on the list are comparable to the TP. Tell them you gotta have a touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard on windows mobile, but you don't want another TP dud. The only realistic choice for replacement is the TP2.

Last edited by Arterion; 12-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.