View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
mharvey
PPCGeeks Regular

mharvey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I just exchanged my Touch Pro (#3 for me) for a Touch Pro 2 today. I received my last TP two weeks ago when I was shipped a Reburb Pro on an Advance Exchange. My previous phone was locking up overnight and overheating. The refurb Pro locked up on me a few times in the first week. In addition to that the G Sensor was defective. It would not calibrate at all and it made any App that used the G Sensor impossible to use.

I paid a visit to a local repair center on Friday and gave them my story... just received a refurb and that it was defective. Asked politely if they could help me or if I would have to do the Advance Exchange again. I made no mention of the TP2 or any other model phone.

The rep asked to look at the phone and pulled up my account. A few minutes later he came back and apologized for the problems that I was having and asked if it would be ok if they ordered a new Touch Pro 2 for me. "That would be great."

I was told that the TP2 would have to be ordered and should be in by Tuesday. I received a call today... it was in a day early.

The phone is a refurb as well but it looks perfect. I was just given the phone, battery and a charger/USB cable. No manuals, etc.

I guess that only thing that I am not 100% happy about is that I did not receive the extra stylus and screen protector that is supposed to be included with a new phone.

Did anyone else get these?

I asked at the repair center and the had no clue about what I was talking about. I do not really need the stylus but I would like to get the screen protector. I used it on the TP and I think it saved me from scratching the screen up. I guess I will stop by another Sprint store and see if they can get me a screen protector.

BTW: Anyone need a brand new screen protector or stylus for a Touch Pro? I still have one screen protector and two styli that I no longer need.

Last edited by mharvey; 11-30-2009 at 10:49 PM.