View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use both SPB U & sprite, but I only use them to restore a full system BU to the same ROM. Although it does have the ROM upgrade mode, I never use it.
I got curious & was bored tonight, so I decided to try an experiment.

I backed up my system with Sprite & then flashed from R3 to R5.

I then went to the Sprite BU file & restored it in ROM upgrade mode & used merge level 2(that is the default unless you are only restoring pim data).

When the restore was finished, the system ran fine but it was quite a bit different than it had been before. All my shortcuts where gone, all the people settings where different, my custom taskbar was gone etc etc etc etc

After playing with it for a while, I flashed back to R3 & restored the BU & everything is fine again..........

~John