_xv6800
PPCGeeks Regular

_xv6800 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How is your battery life??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
So for those that came from a WM phone, how is it compared to that??
it is better than my xv6800 ever was.

I've had it 3 full weeks so some of the 'new' is worn off for me and a typical day plays out as follows

I'll start the day with a full charge at 6:00am and use it all day to;

stream music either from sd or pandora via bluetooth all day - hit the web a bit - check email accts every 15 min or so - maybe even do 10 mins games and another 10 on youtube or some similar streamed video.. using both 3g and wifi... oh and I probably talk on it for about 20-30 minutes too ( lol it's still a phone! )

If I continue till she dies I'll make it to 6-8pm... so a solid 12+ hours

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

but to be honest it really doesn't matter as I sit in front of a computer all day which when combined with an extra microusb cable becomes a charger and I also have a car charger ..

When I was rocking the xv6800 this was a big plus as I needed to have it connected to mini-usb fairly often to support the above type of usage.

.................................................. .........................................

When navigating in the car the battery usage is much higher I have found as the screen is forced on and the display is the biggest power user on the phone except talking.

I have navigated w/o the car charger hooked up and it will probably go 2-3 hours before running dry maybe longer - I don't know for sure - but definetly not as long as it goes when the screen is asleep most of the time.

for comparison my xv6800 also worked best for navigation when plugged into a car charger even though I was using an external bluetooth gps reciever (garmin).

So overall the battery is improved over my older phone even when navigating but I would recommend getting a car charger if you plan to do a good bit of navi with this device.

Last edited by _xv6800; 11-27-2009 at 04:36 PM.