View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:10 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
Hey all... Been gone for a while but back with problems once again. Everything seems to be great except for the weather in sense 2.5. My gps is messed (freaking refurbes) up and it wont update unless i drive to another town. It also wont work at all on my girls TD. Basically what im asking is, is it possible to make my TP update from the towers when I hit update instead of it using gps? And any ideas on the TD?
If DaveTN's idea about the Airwave didnt work you could try flashing a new radio, that could help with BOTH My Location and GPS issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Thank you so much..I know an alternative way of getting the files onto my touch pro but im having an issue with pocket rar.I cant set it up so i cant unzip files from the phone.Any ideas?
What are you seeing? Mine works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
I cannot open MMS picture messages....I installed the arcsoft mms thing for alltel, no go.
You may have already done it but just wanted to clarify-what build are you on? And did you do the WHOLE MMS dance-remval cab, SR, Arcsoft SR?
You may also need the DCD carrier cab for Alltell/Verizon as well as ensuring the server settings are correct. Search "Verizon MMS" and "Whotahn" that may help. This would be if you are on the 21xxx builds, Threefaces said the old process worked for him. Like someone else stated, it wont work from Sense 2.5 even with the process. I have MMS working Out Da Box-no tweaks/fixes,just not from Sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrio View Post
This is still a problem on the new builds. I've tried both on my TP and that cut off seems to happen often. Also, the ringers aren't very loud, but at least they work. SMS seems to be broken on CDMA TP's, as I get a SIM card missing error on both newer builds. I tried installing a SMS fix cab that's floating around here, but that didn't solve the problem even with a soft reset. Not sure how to make it work. I have to use the WinMo sms vs the Sense SMS app to be able to send anything. Let met clarify that that is using the 2.1 Standard builds, not the 2.5. I'd like to use 2.5, but can't seem to figure out if the Landscape has been fixed yet. I guess I'll install it and see.
My ringers are nice and loud, no dialer cut off (at least not frequently, MAYBE once) SMS works fine. I did get one error message today but it wasnt the SIM card error, that was 1 out of prob 25 SMS's. I've sent a dozen since then and all is fine. I know your are on 2.1 but I'm on the "less stable" 2.5 and I dont have those issues. Did you do the Stock Flashdance? It could be a bad flash.
And no, Landscape hasnt been "fixed" yet. It's not really broken since it never existed in the original port. While not 100% functional I've got all the Landscape I need-ie Messaging and Opera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasaniIV View Post
I downloaded the new sense 2.5 and i flashed dance once and now i'm going on my 3rd day with a smile on my face. I'm experience the no ringer, black screen, suprising enough i havent had problems with texting. I almost canx the upgrade because i couldnt get my live to connect for my emails and contacts, but i read that i had to disable sense 2.5 and it worked. i just added the new wallpaper4all and 12 quicklinks tab, and earlier today i was thinking damn i need more tabs. thanks num5kull. i just wanted to share my experince with you all,

DasaniIV
Have you tried the Maxx Mod for Sense? It'll give you 16-20 tabs plus a whole lotta other cool mods. I ran it fine on 28002, havent tried it on 28004 yet.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93966
OK just did a QUICK review of the thread, says v2.5 doesnt play well with this ROM but good news to all Maxx Mod fans-v2.6 is in the works So if you try it you might want to go with v2.2-that was the last one that worked before v2.5-it'll give you 16 Home Tabs I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
please dont flame me guys i know to use search but the results i find dont help me because I am unsure of version i need for the newest energy rom 2.5 with the bottom taskbar. Can some one please link me to a compatible black dialer skin? Thank you guys..
Which dialer, default or WM?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-27-2009 at 12:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.