View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I was hoping somebody here would have some information on this. I was hoping (but not expecting) that this would work. Oh well....back to waiting.

(but it is good to know more devices are working with it now, makes the wait seem more bearable!!!! LOL)
Correct. This .cab you posted is for phones that are "software locked" meaning you cannot install non-signed programs. Sprint Moto Q was like this. So you do this hack and you can install any program you want. Signing programs is an expensive process ($400 I believe) and for freeware programs, it's not feasible.

The larger issue of My Location is dependent on Google possible implementing an API for CDMA networks to use their tower triangulation, which of course Sprint and Verizon can do. Whether or not this is possible on WM CDMA devies remains to be seen.

My Advice: If you're a Touch or Mogul owner: wait for your GPS update next year. Treo users should wait for the 800w.

But I highly doubt anyone is going to "hack" this feature. It is more about the phone reporting the Cell ID and pulling Tower ID--these are API and network dependent features, not registry entries that can be turned "on or "off".