Thread: Please Help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 07:44 PM
weakkneed
PPCGeeks Regular

weakkneed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you are trying to run Outlook2002 or earlier, MS has killed the program with a single missing file location to prevent us from syncing with it. They want you to run Outlook 2007 because of all the 2002 that shipped with devices. They combined this with unbundling Outlook from the Home and Student Office Edition so that you need to spend hundreds of dollars just to sync your device. Another dirty trick they are using is to erase all of your pim data that you have synced with outlook if you try to break the partnership. This is to keep you from just reloading Outlook2007 trial again and resyncing each 25 days. Yes, I'm a little P.O.'ed about that. It is my data they are playing games with. I wasn't even trying to load Outlook, just wanted to clean up some extra connections. Fortunantly, I had a backup. Be careful when you sync if you are using a new installation of Outlook previous to 2007, MS has set up by default to wipe out your pim data by syncing to your empty Outlook folder. No warning of course, Data is just gone. Search this site and you will see numerous pleas for help getting back contacts. Can you imagine the meeting where they dreamed up this stuff.

Last edited by weakkneed; 12-04-2007 at 07:50 PM.