cykococo
PPCGeeks Regular

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I'm very keen on finding a better Search function for WM (Touch), particularly one that works well with the Notes system. I'm used to the simple but competent ol' Palm OS Memo + Global Find on Palm OS. Any suggestions ?

I think the Notes app on WM is a lousy substitute for even the 10-year-old Palm OS Memo app and the WM Search function is a pale shadow of the Palm Global Find. What is the best replacement for Memo+Global Find that provides:

1) FAST creation of simple text memos
2) FAST searching through *all* memos (and preferable all other documents on the WM PDA), yielding an easy to navigate list of search hits (matches)
3) using the list of hits, selecting a hit/match pops you into the Memo (or other app) with the right document exactly at the position of the hit.

Using WM Search on a few dozen Notes is very, very slow and when you select a search hit, it just opens that note, it doesn't place you in the exact position of the hit, and worse, there is no Find option within Notes.

3rd party options I've looked at, like PhatNotes don't seem to do this as well.

The easiest single solution would be a new Search app that knew how to search through at least all Notes, if not also Word and TXT files, producing a list of hits. And upon selecting a hit, Search should know how to jump into that app and that note/file/whatever and position you right at the point of that hit...

So simple, Palm OS did it 10 years ago, why isn't there something like this for WM ?
The short answer to your question is I have not seen an app out there that does an adequate search.