View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
crookdbill
PPCGeeks Regular

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
How I got MMS working on MY phone on R4, obviously everyone's results may vary. And I doubt step 1 is needed but I was trying to make stock work at first.

Step 1. Did the registry edit to add the SMS/MMS tab in the Email section:
Code:
HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts

Rename the key "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
Step 2. Enabled Editing of the MMS Server in the SMS/MMS Tab.
Code:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI

Change EnableServerEdit to Enabled (1)
Step 3. Install newer version of ArcSoft
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1259024128

Step 4. Soft-Reset, and then go to your EMAIL tab, then INBOX, and slide to get to SMS/MMS. Tap MENU and then Pics/Video Options..., then CDMA Servers Tab, then Sample MMSC2. Make sure your Port is 80, and Server Address is: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms, and then change the Connect Via: to Sprint.

That is all I changed and now you should have an option when sending under Email of Picture Message, NOT the MMS Option. You can also do the edits for increasing the size limit. I didn't have those edits handy, but are definately posted all over, just regedit, and same ArcSoft Section above.

Hope it helps, nothing new here, just thought I would sum it up after R4, others have done all the hard work for you.
If you download the newer version if arcsoft, you can skip steps 1 & 2. The app overides all those registry edits and makes them correct. Start at the server settings after and you will be good to go