View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:37 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Question: I noticed some ROMS have it and some dont and I was wondering if there was a way to ensure this was in place:

Whenever your texting someone and are in the detailed view where you see all of their messages (i always use threaded of course), is there a version of SMS or whatever to make sure that the place where you actually type a message has the option to "Menu - Insert - Picture/Voice Note/File, or whatever"? I noticed in this rom (Calkulin's Touch Pro 23506 ROM v4.2) its grayed out, whereas in other roms, its available. I already tried the archsoft mms and sprintpcs picturemail removal and install but its still grayed out. I'd like the option to insert a picture from the threaded messaging as opposed to having to back out to the general view of everyone's message and starting a new picture message from there. Nothing serious, just more of a convenience thing for me, that's all.

Any thoughts?
It's dependant on how the ROM has SMS/MMS set up...or not. By default, those options are not available in the Windows Mobile View, but can be accessed in Sense...the problem is, Sense doesn't fully handle MMS right now, so while they're available, they won't send.

I think the recommended set up for this ROM is to disable HTC Messaging and use a combination of Windows Mobile view and Arcsoft. If you're not a heavy MMS person, like me, the deafult SMS setup through HTC's app is fine.

It does take a minute to retrain your workflow, but until we see a fully functional HTC Messaging App with both SMS and MMS support, you need to dance. I've found it's super easy to just go straight into the Picture Album and send a fresh message from there to whomever, if I'm sending a picture message.
This post has been thanked 1 times.