View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:58 PM
JClay
Lurker

JClay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JClay Send a message via MSN to JClay Send a message via Yahoo to JClay
#777 The Devil's New Numbers!!!

Yes… I stood in line for eight months anxiously awaiting the Verizon release of the 6800, and now that I have had it for a few days, I like it! Because I am a freak (as are most of you reading this) I have already apped it, zapped it, rommed it and strommed it, testing the abilities not only of the phone but of my imagination to the extent that only a true PPCGeek could understand (cheers in the background).

Through all of this, I ran into a question, that I cannot figure out and so I am soliciting all of you (my brothers and sisters in Cell’dom) for assistance.

While configuring everything (and because this and my previous 6700 had WIFI) I always delete the Data Network Entry #777 under my Connections Tab in Setup, so that I do not have the annoying pop up every time I view the weather or want to surf the internet.

HOWEVER… When I soft boot reset (or power down) my shiny blue XV6800… #777 returns to my Connections Tab in Setup.

This blew me away the first few times and I thought it was because I was Hard Booting the device (as I have done numerous times in the last 123 hours), but I began to see a pattern when testing and noticed that it even does this when soft booting or just resetting the device.

HOW DO I GET RID OF (permanently) THE DEVILS CONNETION #777.
www.CLAYMinistries.net
www.fellowshipofbelievers.lwfsc.org

“We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace tells us another story. Where Glory sends hoplesness away, Yes GRACE tell us another story."
Bart Millard, MercyME - “All That Is Within Me” , Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music, 2007

Last edited by JClay; 12-04-2007 at 03:04 PM.