View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
pyro254750
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: android vs pro2?

my fiance has an iphone, my mom had a blackberry, and now has a pre (webos), and ive got a touch pro 2, 2 other winmo before that, symbian before that, and have played with an htc hero and a tilt running android. IMO windows mobile cannot be beat. That being said, im also the type that will tweak and tweak and tweak until it runs as fast and stable as i want it to run. With the touch pro, that took some time, with the touch pro 2, it didnt. The touch pro 2 is faster, more stable, and more aesthetically pleasing than the touch pro was, and with a well built WM 6.5 rom, imo there is nothing out there that can touch it right now. Webos and android would be my preferences after winmo, however, while both are flashy and well built, they are also very user friendly and not so customizeable compared to winmo, which is my biggest complaint about them. At the end of the day, if you are looking for a phone that is "perfect" right out of the box, id look into an android phone. The pre is simply too small for my hands.

Just incase its relevant, i talked to a sprint rep when i picked up my TP2 about the hero, and she said they have had ALOT of complaints about the battery life, and its suspected its because it can run so many apps at once. Now, this seems odd to me because winmo is capable of running just as many background apps and it doesnt dramatically affect the batt life, so that tells me that there is some code in android that needs to be tightened up.

If it were me, id spring for the TP2, get it running how you like with a custom rom, maybe order a high cap battery, and live happy.