View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
validoption
PPCGeeks Regular

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Again, y'all are very helpful. You have really clarified my questions. I suppose maybe I should have expanded a little on my statement about not being computer literate. I can read as much as I want about what a ROM is but it is still Greek to me. I know that WM 6.5 has been released in some form and that it is possible to upgrade, I just don't know how. As far as research, it's been done. I just don't get it. Hence the "not computer literate" part of my original post. If my inability to comprehend this computer lingo irritates you in some way please ignore any of my future posts/questions and take your elitist attitude somewhere else.

Thanks.
It was not my intention to flare hostilities, but rather explain why such questions may receive chilly responses. For example, there are a boatload of posts along the lines of "how do I get picture messaging to work?" when the answer has been posted almost as many times within the thread, and forum as a whole. Opening a post proclaiming the massive page count, followed immediately by the types of questions you posted, leads one to infer that you were bypassing personal research in favor of a "quick fix" as so many have already done.

In a nutshell, the ROM contains all of the software and the operating system.

You can find answers to the rest of your questions if you read the first 20 posts, specifically 17 & 18, which detail instructions and provide links for most of what you would need to know.