View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Bigfan
Lurker

Bigfan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
so after being on the phone with sprint for 2 hours total last night, i went to a repair center the CS rep told me to go to, they offered me another touch pro and would have to wait at least one week before i could actually get it, so i called CS back and explained the situation and the lady told me to go drive to a "corporate" repair center 45minutes away.
I get to that "corporate" repair center and found out they aren't a corporate store and never was, and on top of that they outright refused to even take a look at my phone because i didnt get it from their store. Then they referred me to a real corporate store which after driving another 20 minutes I was told that they do not do repairs at that location anymore and referred me to a corporate repair center close to my home which according to the CS rep last night and the sprint website is no longer a repair center.

I went there anyways and found out they are still a repair center, explained my situation and that my phone could not get a signal anywhere. The tech found this to be correct as even with the repeaters in the store the phone still could not get a signal. He then followed with "we have a list of phones you can choose from to replace your touch pro which includes a blackberry, htc snap, palm pre and some others but really the best option is a brand new touch pro 2"

I will have to wait until Tuesday to pick up the TP2 but i dont mind waiting another 3 days to finally get a phone that can actually make and receive calls unlike the POS i have now.

so after about 3 hours on the phone and driving probably close to total of 250miles of driving around to various sprint stores in the last month and a half, and 6 replacements (not including the one im getting tuesday), i will finally have a working phone
Here is some advice for next time. Find a working phone and call them. I needed a battery and instead of driving I called 3 stores and they all said they didn't have the battery. Saved me money and time.