thejacer
PPCGeeks Regular

thejacer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How Microsoft blew it with Windows Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that it was the consumer dropped the ball for not supporting Microsoft? Windows Mobile is a nice platform .... like 4 years ago. No one disputes that in general Windows Mobile works fine. It just is too late and too slow in innovation and UI development. What company who controlled the handheld OS market for 7 years, allows one company to leapfrog it in less than 1 year?

WinMo is not going away, but I'll still stick to my prediction that it will be a Android/iPhone/BB world in a year or so.
just saying it was a market sway. even if microsoft had foreseen consumers would want a toy over a useful phone i don't think they could have seen enterprise users in such large numbers would make that trade. and just wanted to point out: windows mobile isn't the first mobile os to decline sharply. the apple newton was fairly popular but its failure to produce a halfa** workable handwriting program and other things lead to their demise after 6 years of being a top contender in the field. a little sick of reading how wm is failing due to lack of innovation (and ive never read what type of innovation or any type of suggestions for that matter, other than more finger friendly) which is exactly where apple failed at first. maybe MS will do better after they hit rock bottom. but i dont call anything the iphone has to offer innovative OR desirable for that matter.

of course maybe i haven''t spoken to the right person, what iphone features do you all call innovative anyway? and maybe what innovative features would you like to see MS include. i know it must be difficult to innovate without any direction.**and of course ive used an iphone**