View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Mr. X
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ [WARNING] - Tethering Users ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyman007 View Post
Just got off the phone with telus. Apparantly you get a "one-time credit" for data charges of smartphones so if you make a "mistake" they can credit almost all the charges but only for one time.

For my $2000 bill, the tech guy brought it down to $150 + tax so it's pretty good. He said that the reduction in the charges he can give me is ranked depending on how much the total data charge is.

So I'm guessing if you got dinged $1000 for data, they can bring it down to $75-100 for one-time. ($500 -> $25-50, etc)

Damn telus, hopefully this fix will be permanant cause I don't wanna go through all that again and prob pay a couple grand next time.

They now have tethering included plans but I'm not gonna give up my $50 student plan for that...
id get legal on them before i payed a bill that large.

Telus included there tethering app in there usb to pc pop up. its easy to select by accident and the Wmodem app falls to the back drop after a few seconds so this could be an easy mistake even on the stock rom.... not only this. the sales reps didn't inform there customers of the risk of this mistake.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!