View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
personally, I like HTC and worse case would use arcsoft for MMS....I dont want to remove HTC client.

Ultimately, I want to get MMS fully functioning through HTC client.....we're getting closer.
Agreed we are, but wanted to know for my roms. Didn't mean you removing it from your rom ... there was a post in the kitchen thread on how to do this, can you confirm for me?

Edit: nevermind, tried it and it worked pretty much like i was wanting it to except for when you press the text in the messaging tab, it tries to open up the htc messaging (which of course is not present). All the other functions, like menu/reply, fwd, etc.. open up the WinMo client. Do you think the actual pressing of the text and launching the client is hard coded and not changeable or do you think it's in a reg or an xml somewhere?

Edit #2: Nevermind all this... it also breaks some stuff in the fav tab like sending a text from there instead of elsewhere so I'll stick with what we have and keep working on the picmail issue. Off to cull through the sprint picmail cab to see if i can find some settings in there although I'm guessing not since it uses a viriant of email rather than text but will see.

Quote:

yes, location is working better than ever....my weather keeps auto updating.
Just an update, whatever you did to location it is working great, I drove all over town this morning and it updated in 6 different cities.... only thing it still won't do is initiate a data connection on it's own, must have an active one already to work. If you do the reg hack to disable location, the weather itself will initiate a data connection, but breaks when using location. Do you think this is a reg permission somewhere or hard coded into the manila exe?

Quote:

have not seen the fav issue
It is very intermittent depending on how many favs you have and which location you put them in. In that screen shot i posted, if I remove "Trey" it goes back to normal. So if you don't have them all full or only certain ones it seems to come and go... very weird. Also in messing with it I noticed that i can sometimes clear the blank, white ares by hitting remove and then done w/o actually removing a fav... sometimes works, sometimes not, and sometimes comes back... like I said, very wierd... guess I could just fill them all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icam68 View Post
I'm still unable to get Windows Live Mail to work on 21870. I have disabled Sense and tried it from the Windows Mobile platform, but it never gets past the login screen. From my observation, this problem seems to be resident only in the 21870 ROM, as I have never experienced this problem on any of the 23504 builds. Thanks for all your hard work!
Same issue here on 21870

Last edited by Vancer; 11-20-2009 at 03:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.