View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
stevecn70
PPCGeeks Regular

stevecn70 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems

So after testing a few ROM I decided to convert the stock ROM to a Kitchen just using the Dump utility in Ervious Kitchen. It went through the stock nbh file and converted it to a kitchen, although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something with the SPL_signed.nbh file. I assume not since the phone is unlocked. Anyway, I decided to just remove some apps I didn't want (nothing system related, thing like nascar, etc). I put a check mark on the REAL WM 6.5 AKU like all other roms and I built the rom with no errors.

When I flashed, it restarted and sat at the boot screen for a long time. I thought there was something wrong so I turned it off and entered the boot loader and flashed the "real" stock rom. At reboot, I then noticed it too sat for about 4 min at the screen with the red print. it finally went through, so I'm thinking I wasn't patient enough the last time. I guess Cooked roms graphically show you what it is doing so you don't sit there wondering.

So is this normal? I would like to re-flash my custom ROM but am hesitant because of the first time. Did I do everything right? Anyone know anything I missed?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevemind. I unchecked Real WM 6.5 AKU in the kitchen and it booted fine after that.

Last edited by stevecn70; 11-19-2009 at 08:02 PM.