View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 AM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

First off, let me say thanks for this! It is fantastic, and worked for me but I did hit an un-bootable cycle. I think you may be getting people hitting this accidentally do to the instructions not being 100% step-by-step. Here are some places you may want to edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
click on the exe you put on your phone to open up the sspl then it should prompt you to push power to flash. Once the flash is done you are unlocked. (I think some have hit the unbootable cycle by softreseting too soon at this point sometimes it hangs for a couple minutes while the bar is full but make sure it says complete before you soft reset) You can verify by holding power and vol down while pressing soft reset. It should say cmonex if you unlocked properly.
On my Sprint TP, it automatically reset at this point. Not really a big deal, but it was different than I expected.

Quote:
Hold the power button and volume down while soft resetting your phone. Continue to hold volume down and power until you see a screen that has 3 colored bars covering the top 2/3s of the screen. (thanks for the typo catch razor)

If you have a file named RAPHIMG.nbh on your sd card this screen will only flash briefly and then give you a message that says press power to flash. Now, lets soft reset our phones at this point to start the prep for flashing your phone.
Here's where I think a lot of the "no's" in the poll may be coming from. This should be edited to tell people to remove the RAPHIMG.nbh they used to unlock the phone before holding down power/volume. Holding power too long will auto-reflash the nbh, and caused my failure.

Quote:
Once you see “update succeeded” and not before. You can soft reset your phone.
You also may want to update this to say: 'Once you see "Update Complete, UPDATE SUCCESS," and not before, you can soft reset using the reset button on the bottom of the phone.'

Thanks again!