Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 AM
eduardmc
PPCGeeks Regular

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockmo View Post
I regretfully have to agree with eduardmc here. This obvious memory leak really does blow (even after running oxios / hibernating). I don't know about having to soft reset 5 times a day. I'd say 1-3, but regardless why are we having to do this all of the time? Question: does the Touch not have this problem? Isn't the Touch OS basically WM6 with those few touch screen oriented features, like the cube?
the touch does not seem to have this problem. it seems the touch rom is more stable and everything works almost pefect (like bluetooth and memory leakage etc). yes i'll be loosing the keyboard (but i don't really use my mogul keyboard alot) and loosing wifi (which i never use cause evdo is always there) but u are getting a much thinner and better looking device, same OS has the mogul with better oem software not included in the mogul (touch flow, the new album photo, finger scrolling etc) AND BEST OF ALL U GET AROUND 73mg after a soft reset.

now let's compare. with all the programs i have in my mogul, after a softreset from 28mg ram stock is now down to 19mg (i have lose 9mg because of all the software). with the touch i'll be loosing around 9mg has well which will equal this to 64mg of ram availalable. that's more than 3x the amount of ram the mogul has.

it get's annoying with the mogul when u open internet explore, tcmp to watch youtube video. and when trying to take a quick pic of something, opens the camere and it says that i'm low on ram. mogul is a great device but the low ram htc decided to use on this device was a big mistake.

The HTC touch is only 64mb ( i read this somewhere) The SPRINT TOUCH is 128mg ram, sprint finally did something right.