View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-16-09] [ROM] MR.X WM6.5 V1.5 [Build 21854] [SDConfig]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
See, ive noticed that it dont work for me on wifi, only EVDO, and my friend says it only works for him on wifi and not EVDO. something funny may be going on... or it could be a matter of the carrier blocking streaming media or the ISP. i know telus blocks streaming media. so if im on EVDO and im not on our roaming partners server (Bell Mobility) then streaming media does not work for me.
That's illegal in the USA. Comcast got in trouble for doing something similar. Apple tried to block certain apps form the iPhone and the FCC ordered them to explain themselves.

So if it's anyone in the USA, streaming media might be something the carrier doesn't like. But it's against the law for the carrier to block it at an ISP level. All they can do is ask you not to do it.