View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 PM
flipzmode
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/17/09-0.2b | fresh rom | apps2sd + busybox added

Thanks for the feedback guys! To address a few things:

1. I didn't know facebook had any issues on modaco (I never used his) but unlike the other roms that are popping up mine is not a modaco base, it's built from scratch off the sprint ruu. So any problems on his shouldn't affect this rom. I'm glad it's working for you.

2. I have my rom re-write maps, voice search, and quick office because his had force closes. This means even if you had modaco my rom is going to rewrite those apps and should resolve any issues. Which leads me to point 3.

3. If you already had wifi tether and spare parts installed by his app, you will still have it just like you noticed. I have only temporarily removed them as I removed the entire part of my script that installs any 3rd party apps. I didn't have enough time (or energy!) to test out that part of it after integrating apps2sd. I spent so much time working with and testing every other aspect that it was just easier for me to remove them for now. With that said I did add a link to wifi tether in case anyone is doing a clean install of this rom and wants it. They will be back after I have time to test. Hehe. I was concerned about data loss occurring and figured I'd rather leave them out than kill a bunch of people's apps.

4. The instructions that thacounty gave for removing apps2sd is exactly right. Back up what you want from SD (like your camera pictures) and then use RA-recovery to format it back to 1 partition of fat32, then restore the phone. That will disable apps2sd. If you never partitioned your SD card in the first place to the 3 partitions then you aren't using apps2sd and you'll be fine.

5. I forgot to add in the release log that I did add superuser/su to this release. So you will get that even with a clean install.

Last edited by flipzmode; 11-17-2009 at 06:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.