View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
arelas
Regular 'Geeker

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

I'm creating this to list the few tips and tricks we know for this phone.

Soft Reboot:
Shift-Left Alt-Del....yes, it's that simple. Slide out the keyboard and hold down Shift (Key with arrow pointing at line), Left Alt, and Del (Backspace). The phone should now restart.

Recovery Menu:
With phone powered off, press X and Power. Wait until you see the screen light up, then press and hold Vol Up and Camera until the bootloader appears. You can load updates and hard reset from here.

Bootloader:
With phone powered off, press Up Arrow and Power.

Dial Pad Codes:
Open the phone dial pad. Dial *#*#INFO#*#*
This gives a lot of interesting stats and details.

Also, ##PROGRAM shows some cool stuff too.
Thanks, Nickels, for that info.

Improve the feel of the slider:
There is a sticker looking thing on the backside of the screen...remove it. It's similar to the other protective wrap that came on the phone. The slider will feel better now.

Note: Some have said this makes the slider open in their pockets easier.

Media Dock / Car Dock Mode:
Want to access the Media or Car modes easily? It's done by presenting the back of the phone with a magnet. The polarity of the magnet determines the mode.

Wallpaper:
Resolution is 960x854. This accounts for the panoramic effect. To set a wallpaper, press menu while on the home screen, then choose wallpaper. From there you can set the wallpaper. You choices are limited here as you can only pick from the gallery and your photos. I use OI File Manager to browser to the image I want to use, and then press and hold for menu. Then choose wallpaper. When selecting wallpaper, you will notice it wants to crop the image. You can drag this box out to fill the whole image rather than cropping. If you used 960x854, the image will display perfectly.

Hide folders from media players:
Tired of ringtones showing up in your music? Do cached images always show up in the gallery? The fix is to create a blank file called .nomedia and place it in any folder you don't want indexed. Thanks go to parkjam for this one!

That's all the interesting things I have for now. Let the games begin.

Last edited by arelas; 12-22-2009 at 04:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.