View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
abrigham
Regular 'Geeker

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampy0jay View Post
This is how i received my Touch Pro to begin with, replacing it with my old mogul for free. Would make perfect sense that they would do the same with the touch Pro, but not this soon, they are still making money off it and manufacturing them, no reason for them to give you a newer phone when they still can send you the old. I just checked to make sure and they are still replacing it with the same Touch Pro. Check for yourself, http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...olutions.shtml
Just go through the steps until it tells you what phone they will replace yours with, if it's the same, u are out of luck.
This form, from what I have seen has been replacing TP1 with TP1 all along, and has NEVER substituted or given you a choice. You are correct that in the past, they used this method to replace Moguls with TP's (that's how I got mine as well) but that was because they were out of stock for Moguls. As soon as the Mogul was back in stock, they replaced Moguls with Moguls. The reason they WERE replacing TPs with TP2s (and a selection of other phones) in stores and in some cases over the phone is because of a pro-active replacement they decided to put in place due to the high service rate on the TP1. That's not something they can program into the self service form. When HTC was unable to keep up with the demand, Sprint was basically forced to remove the TP2 from its list of available phones for this pro-active replacement to avoid a virtual quicksand pit of a backlog.

Again, this is a pro-active replacement. This is something Sprint decided to do to improve the customer experience. HTC didn't tell them to do this, and as far as I know, Sprint is the ONLY provider doing this kind of replacement. AT&T isn't doing it with the Fuze and Verizon isn't doing it with their Touch Pro, and as far as I know, they've all had similar issues. So, all of you who are getting angry and threatening to leave Sprint, just keep that in mind. Verizon and AT&T would probably be content to just keep replacing your device with the same one. As I said before, just be patient. Once HTC is able to catch up to the demand for the TP2, Sprint will most likely add it back to the list of available replacements.

And FYI - No, I don't work for Sprint or am in any way associated with them. I'm just sick of the overinflated sense of self-entitlement I see all around me (not just on this board) of people expecting something for nothing. Sorry, I'll step down off my soap box now