View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Toysrme
PPCGeeks Regular

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Very effective way of increasing battery life (charging related)

personally, i think my battery is simply too old & was stored incorrectly. End of the 4th day of use
Battery was delivered @ a 30% SOC or lower
Day 1 it stayed on the charger & had little use. was definately running the battery low.
Morning of day 2 it stayed on the charger until 100% SOC was reported (and stayed on it well after that). Suspecting battery life issues running ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND with all wireless disabled + put in airport mode. The phone went from 100% charged to so dead it turned itself off & refused to turn on in LESS than 4 hours. That's ****ing attrocious.

Day 3 from a 100% SOC it was loosing 20% SOC every 15 minutes.

Day 4 (today) was slightly better (couldn't have been any worse...). With almost no use (4 1-5min phone calls and a half dozen TEXT ONLY txt messages + always in great cell reception areas) it made it maybe 6 hours before dipping low enough it needed to be on the charger

BTW, I cant tell you how much power this phone draws when running heavy tasks, but using the 1 amp (max) wall charger this phone drains the battery when doing heavy tasks. The USB charger can't deliver enough current to run the phone when its working. (as in if you're watching a movie AND charging it, it will STILL go dead eventually...)

IMO the battery stock they've shipped to many people is total ****.