View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM
tranz12
Lurker

tranz12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

My touch pro was overheating badly, and the keyboard broke as well. And then the other day, the screen went out. It was my forth touch pro, so I decided to try to get a different phone.

First, I went to a near by ASC and they declared the phone defective and offered me a few options.. Including the touch pro 2. It showed up Warehouse In-Stock - Yes, but everytime he tried to order it, it would tell him its out of stock. So basically I left the store empty handed.

The next day, I called customer service, which they transferred me to tech support. I talked to them about my problems, and they transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that the touch pro 2 is an option but is on back order.

After the call, I went to a corporate store. At this point, I needed a replacement phone very badly. They declared the phone defective, and told me that they will get me a touch pro 2 which will be here the next day.

I called today, they said its waiting. Got my tp2.. BNIB.

What I learned.
1. ASCs have less privileges than the corporate store.
2. Different stores have different policies.

What to know
1. Be polite and nice.
2. Sprint DID NOT remove the touch pro 2 off of the WEL list. I've seen it on the computer myself. It's just OOS.
3. Do not ask for a touch pro 2
4. I was offered referbs from ASC and tech, but according to the corporate store, they have a different inventory of BNIB touch pro 2s. I do not know what allowed me to be eligible.
5. I did not ask for a TP2, they offered it all three times.

**I will add things I missed accordingly.

Last edited by tranz12; 11-13-2009 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.