View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 AM
twe90kid
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 coming tomorrow, got some questions regarding SIM and HardSPL

So i'm a bit confused at all this unlocking thing.
Let me try to get things straight so I know what's going on. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I just got my new TP2 (ex-user of tp)

So the HardSPL thing is the unlock that you need to perform to get your bootloader to allow flash of customs roms...

SimUnlocker is the unlocking thing to allow you to use your sim card slot. In order for you to use your phone with other carriers within the USA, you need to first SimUnlock, which is something you have to pay for? Then flash Sprint 1.96.00WU (Sprint stock edited)?

^this will allow then allow your sim card slot to be used with ANY sim card that you put in? which means i can do to Hk, China, and etc and pop in a sim card and the radio should automatically pick up signal once I set the phone to receive signal from the sim card?

So without SimUnlocker a stock Sprint phone is technically not UNLOCKED for any GSM Network?

Did i get everything correct? Thanks for answering my question.

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)