View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
ace10134
Regular 'Geeker

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23504/21864) ★ |Nov 9| ★ Latest Manila 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i had been wondering why CityID never worked for me. So upon my reading, it was noted that running the provisioning breaks CityID. so i hard reset and tested. sure as hell, whoever found that was correct. Have you covered this yet? If so, my apologies but if not, it should be stickied somewhere because many of us like the CityID feature.
Cool. Sounds like I'll pop that into the FAQ :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonificator View Post
4. What's the bottom line with MMS on this release - does it still need a fix? Do I still need the keyboard fix? What about the d3d driver?

5. What's the deal with the expering City ID app - is there a fix, can it be removed?
4. As someone said...MMS - Read the FAQ, and yes, you still need the Keyboard Fix from the FAQ too.

5. You just have to not run the Provisioning thing after booting the ROM. You can disable Provisioning in the FAQ. Thanks to rwcj for realizing that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedhros View Post
And yo has any1 tried showcase task manager? If it really is breaking the manilla then you might want to tell ppl about it on first page.
Then don't use Showcase....it's incredibly slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
nrg, i have tried using the "MMS Fix (M2.5) (Sprint) (Valkyrie)" cab to fix mms and still am unable to, am i missing something?
That fix doesn't work...use the official one from the FAQ

MMS Fix
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
i left 2.5 because of mms as well and when i saw this

http://thewingster.com/mmsfixm25.aspx

i gave it a try, but i got nowhere, oh well, back to 2.1
Yep, that one doesn't work on CDMA, so use the official MMS fix from the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Is there a link to the step by step process to get this active? Also will this work for the other Leo roms out?
Umm, to get MMS working? Or CityID? Read the FAQ, lol. CityID info will be added to the FAQ in a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Do you have the link to that post? Thanks
FAQ is same as always http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1280306&postcount=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
sorry guys. i don't know where it is. i just took a quick look and couldn't find it. i'm sure someone will see your requests and post something for you.

Edit. try this. i haven't looked into it because frankly i'm not interested in a hybrid fix.

http://thewingster.com/mmsfixm25.aspx
That's not a hybrid fix, it's a complete fix......if it worked on CDMA, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcigon View Post
Where can I find this 6.5.1 build with the start button on the bottom?
Don't quote the entire post... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
Looks like I spoke to soon. Out of three MMS I sent one didn't go through but the others did. I received them as well, it just took a while for them to come in. Thanks.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyStank View Post
I am a verizon user running EnergyROM 21864 Nov. 9 and jmz provisioning keeps popping up after every restart. I clicked Verizon, skip, exit and nothing can get it to stop. any ideas?
Read the FAQ:

Provisioning Network Selector appears after every Soft Reset!
  1. Open File Explorer (Start -> Tools -> File Explorer)
  2. Navigate to \Windows\StartUp, and delete Provisioning.lnk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maedhros View Post
Any1?
No need to post twice...

Last edited by ace10134; 11-12-2009 at 09:41 PM.