View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I know that task manager is there but it doesn't really offer more options for the resources it eats up.
Open the default mapped task manager and it uses around 144k or so.
Open the taskmanager the way you mapped it and it uses aver 1 meg.
That is a huge difference in resources for no real difference in options.

The QuickMenu I posted can also be mapped to the long key press I guess and it has options to close running apps as well as a full program menu.

Showcase 1.0.1b is another good option as the new versions as you already know are a pain for the new rom builds.

I will ry to post a QuickMenu sceenshot in a few.

Root,

I investigated what you were talking about more thoroughly and Im sure of it that you're confusing one task manager for the other.

Look for yourself.
Here is what happens when I map taskmgr to my long talk key and open it up:

As you can see, it consumes a mere 152K, that's it.

What you are confusing it for is this OTHER task manager,

That one consume over 1MB, look:

They are 2 COMPLETELY different and distinct task managers that have nothing to do with one another.
The icons even appear different, and the path is completely different.

My method recommended on the previous page doesn't consume 1MB, it only consumes ~ 150K-170K
Oh, and the CPU usage is only ~ 1% (it only spiked up during the screenshot, then went back to throttling between 0 and 1%)

Also, I personally found quickmenu to be a bit on the cumbersome side and unfortunately not very finger friendly. It almost demands the use of the stylus in some scenarios.
taskmgr is perfect for quick task switching, app killing, and it once more consumes little more than 150K.

Last edited by hamidxa; 11-12-2009 at 03:21 PM.