Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
ac520
N00b

ac520 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So who has picked this up so far?

Did the same thing as Redd
Love my TP2 but was getting tired of the lag so I picked up a Droid on Sunday. I figured I have 30 days to decide which one I wanted to keep. If I like the Droid, I sell my TP2. If I don’t like the Droid, I return it and I'm out $35.
So… after two days with the Droid I am back to my TP2. I really want to like the Droid! I LOVE the size, the navigation and the ease of use!!! And most of all I can have multiple Exchange “Corporate” accounts configured!!! That one is HUGE!
But overall it just feels restrictive to me. I just don’t feel like I have the freedom and control over the device like I have with WinMo devices.
And there are two real deal breakers for me. First is the battery life (or lack thereof). I understand that the Droid is a high performance device and I know I can disable some features to extend the performance but man, the default config BLOWS!!!
Second is the fact that I cannot access the Internet while on a call! Seriously?!?! I tried this three times from there different locations and had the same result each time. Am I doing something wrong here or is this the way it works?
Anyway… I am going to give the Droid another week but I am pretty certain I will be returning it way before my 30 days.