View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!!

I hate to beat a dead horse, but after reading this entire thread I have to add my two cents, which in all reality is nothing but a re-hash of most everyone else's comments.

First off, a little about me. I have always been an instigator; it is most certainly a personality trait. I have been the one to start problems with people since I was very young. I am not sure why it is, but I have worked very hard over the years to curb it, mostly to a greater degree of success.

I am 6'3" and weigh 270 lbs. I am easily considered a "big" person and know it. Most people do not get rude with me because of my sheer size and their good common sense, and I know this, too. I can typically get my way with someone for the pure fact that they don't want to piss me off, period. And I have always used this to my advantage; almost always getting what I wanted.

All that said, I have learned over the years (and I have put in plenty), that you get back what you give out. If I go into a situation expecting to get my way because that's what I expect will happen, it probably will. But only if I treat the other person with respect, understanding and patience. And all three are essential; two out of three is still an epic failure.

The Sprint store rep seemingly reacted to your actions by telling you to leave. He was most likely frustrated both by his internal Sprint limitations with regard to helping customers and also what looks like was an overly aggressive attitude from you. Frankly, I can understand that you wanted to get a reliable and fair replacement for your phone. I get that. But, from what I read of your account at the store, your attempt to do so was thwarted by your own actions.

Lastly, the title of your thread tells me a great deal about your overall attitude regarding these events. Your thread wasn't entitled "Need help getting a fair replacement from Sprint" or "Horrible Sprint customer service problem, please help." Instead, the title you chose seems to me more about you bragging that you got kicked out of a Sprint store because you put your foot down and got aggressive with the rep.

I am not judging you, not trying to offer negative criticism and not trying to come across as a bigger bully or a better person. I am merely trying to offer some advice on how to best deal with people based upon many years of my own personal failures.

Whether you take my advice or not, good luck.