View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Guys and Galz,

I think I have a fix for the RingTone problem! It worked for me anyways...

Using 23504 M2.5

I have discovered that manila 2.5 only supports WMA audio files for ringtones. MP3's remain silent or manila defaults back to a working wma. You can also tell right away because the ringtone will playback ONLY when you select/highlight a wma file using the manila ringtone selection screen under settings.

I have successfully proven this by using an audio converter to convert an mp3 that refused to play into an wma...reloaded it into my phone and voila!

I recommend this freeware audio converter which converts all mp3s to wma in same folder in one-shot.

http://www.easyfreeware.com/files/fr...erter.zip/1975

I know the MP3 support is present in Windows Mobile 6.5, but it is not supported by Manila2.5 at this time or so it seems. A bit of an inconvenience to convert all your mp3s but hey, its better than reflashing to and old release IMO.
...now we're talking! I was focused on the location of the ringtones as a possible solution, but this makes sense. I'll test it out. I was certain SENSE was causing the problem. Glorious find...let's hope this helps.

Man, I LOVE trying to get things to break! Testy testy testy.