View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:55 AM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So where does WM6.5.1 fit into microsofts plan?

I am not as anxious for the WM 7 OS as I am the devices that will have the required hardware.

As someone else said already, the hardware onthose devices will be like nothing on the market right now. The Touch HD2 is the only thinkg on th emarket right now (not even in USA yet) that might be capable of running WM7.

Just imagine when we start getting sliding qwerty devices that have the required specs. Hopefully thinner, with awesome cameras that record HD video and take good pictures (with a flash!), FM transmitters (so you can send your phone's audio to any FM radio), lots of RAM/ROM/CPU, a battery that lasts 2 days, a GPS that locks in seconds, and whatever else I might be missing right now.

I don't know if we'll have all of that in an HTC device in a year or not, but we have all the tech to make it happen right now if HTC or some other OEM decided to do it. And I know on WM7, at least some of that is in the minimum required specs.

So the OS will probably be gravy. It's the hardware that I'm looking forward too.