View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
juicemane
PPCGeeks Regular

juicemane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
And there goes root flirting away!! LOL. JK Buddy

I hate to say it, but as much as i love testing, i find myself going back to 2.1's newest available of 21864 just for the following reasons. And i will ALWAYS continue trying each one just to keep helping debug stuff when possible. But the main thing's i found (up to 21864's 2.5 versions Nov.9) The whole msg is laggy still to barely be useable for me, or at least to where i can't tell if it's working or not due to the lag. When in general, flipping through the slider, it hangs for a bit (more so then not) but instead of resetting (i think a lot of people don't wait to find out that it's not locked up, but just severely lagging at times.) and just waiting, up to a minute or more sometimes, it DOES start responding again. The noted ringer doesn't work, but notification of missed call DOES. (I know this is mentioned already.) And a few other quirks. And i only use 21864 now since i know it's the fastest, and figured (assumption only here) using 23504 would be more lag then i already can't live with.

This is totally fine with me, and this isn't a compliant, as i wouldn't have recently donated $10 if i didn't think NRG wasn't doing a fanatical job!!! I am just constantly testing each release til it gets to where i won't be able to say i stick with 21864 anymore, as eventually the 6.5.1 w/ 2.5 will be good enough for me to not miss THAT much difference in speed between the 2, as i don't ever mind loosing some speed, as long as everything is working on the same level as the 21864.
That's it for me for now (til another 3-4 pages go by in 2 hours or less. LOL.) I'm off to grab Nov.10th 23504 and test that now. I have fun, no matter. Since i keep saving/restoring my info/contacts/msg each time anyway. I'm in no loss. But my Dad (as of tonight) is back in heavy medical care, who JUST got out of ICU less then 2 weeks ago, i am affraid to start using a ROM with ANY msg problems, or calls for the time being at least.
THIS
you should get that Vito SMS for texting. The texting interface in the htc sense is extremely laggy. it makes it hard to have a back and forth conversation. I guess im in your same boat. NRG does a great job, so im going to keep coming through to check out his work, and will definately make a donation when i get my paycheck.

I cant wait for a stable and quick/ lag free htc sense build. the home screen is soo nice.