View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
8notime
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I too was having the same issue. 3g going to 1X.

I flashed to Calkulin's Rom and now I have 3g (icon shows EV) all the time and at minimum 2 bars. Before, it would swith to 1x. Now Opera, YouTube etc are very fast.

I have a Verizon TP2 but settings are for Spint. I only did the #228 and option 2. I even have more bars on the phone connection.

I am not a Chef, but it has got to be some settings that Verizon sets by default that causes this. Now, I am not sure if I should try other ROMS and loose this. I live in a very rural area but now all is well with 3G and signal strength. I am using the 23506 build.
How long ago did you do this?