Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Geosync
Lurker
Threadstarter

Geosync is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tried to unzip a file and all my mem disappered

Ok cool that is what I needed to know, thank you for providing some information on back up software, I need to get in that habit.

But regarding this issue , is looks like a hard reset it going to be my only option unless I can find that duplicate mp3 . Would you agree? I found out also that the zipped file was 45 Mb but the mp3 inside was 95 Mb. So you guys were right , I ran out of space as it didn't extract straight to the memory card but first to my device. What I don't understand is why wouldn't there be a fail safe built in for a situation like that. Once zip view finds out its taken all my memory why wouldn't it just fail and remove the file and then notify me. Instead it doesn't share information about the location , never deletes the file and leaves my device kind of busted. That is a really poorly thought out process. Anyway any last ideas before I hard reset? Where could the file be what would it be called and why cant I find it ANYWHERE when its obviously there taking up me memory?

Anyway , again thanks to everyone for helping me out.