View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
weinberk
PPCGeeks Regular

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

I'm having a heck of a time. I've got my verizon tp2 connected via activesync 4.5, windows xp. It sync's fine. I'm familiar with rom updates and hardspl with my old HTC TP (v1). Never had this issue before.

I've tried automatic, I get:
Preparing to flash, please press OK now and wait...
I press OK, and then within 5 or 10 seconds I get:

RhodiumW Hard-SPL - Error
Sorry, the Hard-SPL process closed early due to an error,
or RUU errored out when attempting to flash (or you canceled it); .... [continues]

I then tried the Manual Flash option both with and without running the SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW_V1_01.exe on the handheld.

If I don't run the manual exe, but select manual from the updater, I get the software to report my current factory rom 1.18.605.12 and that it's going to install 1.00.OliNex

Then I get
ERROR [246] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING

If I run the manual exe on my handheld, it just freezes up. It doesn't go black, it doesn't goto the rainbow screen.

I have also tried holding down the down volume key and power key. I get the rainbow screen.

Usually this has RUU report that the device can't be found or something like that, but twice, it started the updater on the device. I saw the progress bar, but it stuck at 0%. The first time I left it for over an hour.

I'm not using a proxy server. This is a basic windows xp pro computer connected to my wifi router. I also tried by opening up a vpn connection to work and having my outbound ip going there, but that didn't matter.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.